REQUISITION #: 654588
CAREER AREA: Administration
JOB TYPE: Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Cleveland Office
ABOUT THE JOB
2014 Pillar Award winner - Multifamily Development Firm of the Year! At NRP Group, we successfully develop, build, own, manage and have partnered in numerous projects in multifamily, senior housing, single-family infill, and commercial and retail sites. From high-density urban infill sites to more suburban settings, our focus is to make every building we develop, construct and/or manage a true reflection of the special needs and desires of our customers and residents, with a commitment to excellence from concept to completion.
We develop, construct, and operate high quality market-rate and affordable rental properties. We are a dynamic and growing company that works in conjunction with many financial institutions, partners, and non-profit organizations to pursue the development and financing of real estate properties. Currently, The NRP Group has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, and Indiana.
Under the direction of the Director of Management Accounting, the Manager, Management Accounting focuses on reporting and review of the portfolio of multi-family properties.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
• Performs GL account analysis and prepares monthly financial reports for portfolio.
• Develops and completes formal review processes for month/quarter-end closings and bank reconciliations.
• Assists in year-end audits and ad hoc projects.
• Communicates with Management Accounting team, Community Managers and third party partners.
• Responsible for training and performance coaching of Senior and Staff Management Accountants.
• Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary.
• Assists in overseeing the company’s system of accounts and help with any new account and general ledger structure to ensure efficient data outcome for reporting.
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA/MBA preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in public accounting
Technical Skills: Proficient in Excel; knowledge of Yardi software a plus