REQUISITION #: 221183
CAREER AREA: Development
JOB TYPE: Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Detroit Office
ABOUT THE JOB
2014 Pillar Award winner - Multifamily Development Firm of the Year! At NRP Group, we successfully develop, build, own, manage and have partnered in numerous projects in multifamily, senior housing, single-family infill, and commercial and retail sites. From high-density urban infill sites to more suburban settings, our focus is to make every building we develop, construct and/or manage a true reflection of the special needs and desires of our customers and residents, with a commitment to excellence from concept to completion. In fact, we developed nearly 17,000 single-family and multi-family homes and apartments in the past 16 years with our eye on more to come.
We develop, construct, and operate high quality market-rate and affordable rental properties. We are a dynamic and growing company that works in conjunction with many financial institutions, partners, and non-profit organizations to pursue the development and financing of real estate properties. Currently, The NRP Group has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina, Virginia, Arizona, New Mexico, Michigan, and Indiana.
We are currently seeking a Developer for our Detroit location. A proven track record in both market rate and affordable housing is a must.
Under the direction of the EVP of Development, the Developer will lead the multifamily real estate development strategy for market-rate and certain affordable housing projects in the Detroit market which will contribute to the economic and cultural vitality of the community.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
• Originate, execute, lead, and managing all aspects of suburban and urban multifamily development in the Detroit Market.
• Develop, manage, nurture, and collaborate with a network of brokers, owners, lenders, and other centers of influence in the Detroit market.
• Knowledge of and involvement in deal flows within the greater Detroit market.
• Capability of maintaining productive relationships with architects, attorneys, engineers, government officials, and other community partners and vendors to originate and execute market-rate, multifamily projects.
• Manage and maintain a pipeline on land for new development.
• Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve problems.
• Follows procedure and protocol. Focused level of attention and concentration to the tasks at hand.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Effectiveness of both written and verbal skills. Communicates and/or understands instructions, sells ideas, obtains acceptance and action. Accurately informs supervisors and subordinates of important developments.
• Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
• Demonstrates resourcefulness and independence in carrying out responsibilities and assignments.
• Enables success in both employees & peers; mentoring; coaching; clear and decisive administration.
• Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Makes systematic use of organizational systems and processes. Takes an organized, logical approach to thinking through issues. Applies learning to new situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: 7+ years of multifamily real estate development experience along with knowledge of development best practices. Demonstrated ability to create and execute successful projects completed on or ahead of schedule, on budget, with high quality and significant community impact. Strong negotiating and internal/external collaboration skills as well as sound political judgment.
Technical Skills: Proficient in Excel; knowledge of Timberline software a plus