REQUISITION #: 949969
CAREER AREA: Administration
JOB TYPE: Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Cleveland Office
ABOUT THE JOB
2014 Pillar Award winner - Multifamily Development Firm of the Year! At NRP Group, we successfully develop, build, own, manage and have partnered in numerous projects in multifamily, senior housing, single-family infill, and commercial and retail sites. From high-density urban infill sites to more suburban settings, our focus is to make every building we develop, construct and/or manage a true reflection of the special needs and desires of our customers and residents, with a commitment to excellence from concept to completion.
We develop, construct, and operate high quality market-rate and affordable rental properties. We are a dynamic and growing company that works in conjunction with many financial institutions, partners, and non-profit organizations to pursue the development and financing of real estate properties. Currently, The NRP Group has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, and Indiana.
Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, the Director of Property Management Accounting is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance in Property Management Accounting.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
• Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance in the Property Management Accounting department. Recommends training requirements and has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives.
• Assists in establishing major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepares reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
• Under the direction of Property Management, coordinates the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures, and analyzes and reports variances.
• Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary.
• Collaborates with department managers and executives to prepare monthly cash forecasting of the managed portfolio and analyzes and reports on variances.
• Prepares monthly and annual financial reports to meet investor and other internal requirements.
• Reconciles and reviews financial results and Performs GL account analysis and reviews monthly financial reports for managed portfolio.
• Develops and completes formal review processes for month/ quarter-end closings, bank and account reconciliations, and department internal control.
• Ensures accurate and timely reporting is complete for Property Management and Executive team.
• Responsible for planning, preparing, and due diligence for year-end audits and year-end tax filings.
• Maintains relationship with outside partners such as accounting firms, investors, general partners, and brokers.
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA/MBA preferred
Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience
Technical Skills: Proficient in Excel; knowledge of Yardi software a plus