REQUISITION #: 338450
CAREER AREA: Development
JOB TYPE: Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Cleveland Office
ABOUT THE JOB
2014 Pillar Award winner - Multifamily Development Firm of the Year! At NRP Group, we successfully develop, build, own, manage and have partnered in numerous projects in multifamily, senior housing, single-family infill, and commercial and retail sites. From high-density urban infill sites to more suburban settings, our focus is to make every building we develop, construct and/or manage a true reflection of the special needs and desires of our customers and residents, with a commitment to excellence from concept to completion.
We develop, construct, and operate high quality market-rate and affordable rental properties. We are a dynamic and growing company that works in conjunction with many financial institutions, partners, and non-profit organizations to pursue the development and financing of real estate properties. Currently, The NRP Group has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, and Indiana.
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Assistant Project Manager (APM) helps the project management team to bridge the expectations and efforts of all parties involved in the predevelopment process, through the funding application cycle and the development phase to groundbreaking, and ultimately to project stabilization. The APM addresses pieces of projects from a largely micro perspective and supports the project management team’s work with various specialists to help those specialists execute their tasks toward target dates for closings, groundbreakings and transition to property management.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
• Engender trust and respect of partners (both for-profit and nonprofit) and L.P.’s consultants and third-party professionals to create responsive and effective partnership
• Become increasingly self-sufficient with goal of project managing for the company
• Understanding of the critical path within each Project timeline
• Assist in development department’s communication with NRP Contractors to ensure that pre-construction survey, engineering and architectural tasks are seamless within conceptual project timeline
• Coordinate on various due diligence items with NRP's paralegal team including organizational charts, and title and insurance requirements
• Assist with due diligence on targeted sites in pre-development and development stages of projects
• Manage survey process to produce clean set of boundary, topo and ALTA surveys
• Coordinate environmental review process between project’s environmental specialist, USACE, EPA, and other environmental regulatory agencies as necessary, to achieve release of conditions letter
• Familiarize self and support colleagues with Planning Commission, City Council, BZA, Clearinghouse and other municipal actions
• Conduct real estate tax analysis on all parcels; pursue an appeal or abatement of property taxes when appropriate
• Timely and consistent processing of all team meeting minutes, invoices, etc.
• Assist with the assembly of tax credit and other financing applications
• Attend specific Housing Finance Agency committee meetings and training seminars to solidify relationship with Housing Finance Agency Assist with the assembly of tax credit and other financing applications
• Perform tax credit application related tasks including development of supportive service plans, obtaining utility availability letters and creating amenity maps
• Position will require work-weeks exceeding 40 hours during various tax credit application cycles.
• Other tasks as assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: 1-3 years working in a professional, real-estate related atmosphere preferred
Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Effective communicator – physically, verbally and written – with a diverse audience.